Bad to have multiple firewalls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartthecartoon

In Runtime
I recently received a Trojan Horse and since then I have been obsessed with keeping my computer secure. I currently have 3 firewalls installed on my computer (Norton, Windows, and Zone Labs). I have read that you should only have one firewall enabled, is that true, if so why?

Thats true... These FW's negatively impact eachother and the other web apps you might have/use.

These FW's hinder internet access badly.

Might wanna look into a router. Also Norton is very crappy, Try Avasti or AVG for free anti virus protection, if you use IE, don't and download Firefox and use it, its safer.

Ste said:
Might wanna look into a router. Also Norton is very crappy, Try Avasti or AVG for free anti virus protection, if you use IE, don't and download Firefox and use it, its safer.

Sound advice indeed; combining a router with a good firewall like Kerio Personal Firewall or Tiny is a good choice. Also, check this site out.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

I think that one of the main key points that is mentioned is the use of Firefox. Most problems that happen with spyware and such these days are due to IE. I generally like to stay away from the large vendor personal firewalls. They seem to cause more problems than they fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom