AVG - turn off virus scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
How do you ****ing do it permantly! Every time I check my mail in outlook, email scanner - Go away!

If I right click it, and go to propertise, disable plugin. It comes back the next time windows boots. If I cant disable this I will just remove the AV software permantly as it is that annoying.

All it does is block me from recieving mail and Outlook will not be able to connect for a while afterwards. Useless thing.

Thanks, Trif. :)

Sorry I have had no real expirence with AVG (neither do I intend to) but I think Talldude123 used to use it before Nod32 *not fully sure tho* Maybes he can help you.

If you have disabled it and it keeps coming back I doubt there is anyway to stop it. All I can do is recommend you altenatives.

Double click the email scanner from the avg control panel, click configure, unclick scan incoming emails. then you will need to click ignore plug in status. And that should do it for you.

Edit - If you want to disable outgoing you have to uncheck that as well.

Check incoming mail is also unticked, along with out going.

Also, how do you stop it doing the scans permantly?

"You can not remove system tasks"

Edit: Change time and disable it there.

I don't have that much experience with AVG.

My parents are using it on their PC, i'll tell you how to do it shortly.

Trifid,

This is how to disable AVG's on-demand virus scanner. Go into the main AVG control panel, click on the Resident Shield, go to Properties below. Uncheck "Turn On AVG Resident Protection".

avgrs.jpg

Well, its not scanning my emails any more. :D

I don't mind it scanning EXE's though as that is useful due to downloading alot of mods for GTR and FS9 some of which are EXE's. I just disabled the time it scans, so that should work. Thanks for the help.

The emails are still going through AVG. It hasn't blocked receiving them though but it is delaying the time it takes for it to read it.

Anything else I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom