AVG is still somewhere on my computer

jr_sanford

Baseband Member
I have run every AVG uninstaller, every app killer, every remnant remover I can think of, but when I run the "Moon" virus scanner it says that AVG Virus software is still on my computer. I've searched my registry for "AVG" and all it finds is AVGeneral*** and I'm NOT going to delete or rename those entries (lots of them) until I know for sure they are AVG related. Any help here will be appreciated!!!

J.R.

Just because Combofix sees it, doesnt mean that it is right. Have you tried installing MSE, Avast or another application to have them warn you that there is another security program installed already? Combofix is a removal tool, it is not a prevention or protection tool.

Okay first and foremost, stop using text size 4. If it happens again, you will be excused from the site for a month. I am tired of this game with you already today. It is not optional to ignore requests in every post.

Second you have tried and downloaded ALL of their tools and run them?

AVG | Download tools and utilities

I see a nice long list of tools there to not only remove the program but Registry Entries and more.

3rd, no where in this entire topic did anyone say to reinstall it to remove it.

I HATE antivirus programs that install on your computer! They sit in the background monitoring your browsing. Just like a key logging virus would. AVG is the worst!!! Hey, is this font size working for you?

J.R.

I HATE antivirus programs that install on your computer! They sit in the background monitoring your browsing. Just like a key logging virus would. AVG is the worst!!! Hey, is this font size working for you?

J.R.

:TheFuu:

All AV's install onto a system, unless you're running an online scanner... They "monitor" your browser to help protect against virus and malware attacks..

Well considering that AV programs are not installed by default, especially AVG which requires the user to install it, you have no one to blame but yourself for that issue at hand. I have yet to see any pre-built machine come with anything other than McAfee or Norton, and I work in a retail store that sells these items. So while you hate them, you installed them yourself.

Yes the font size is acceptable. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom