Is Avast slowing down my computer?

jackrmee

Beta member
I have been using Avast (free edition) as I was told it was good.
I have been pleased with it as it spots viruses quite a lot. The problem is, it seems to be slowing down the computer by huge amounts. Every time I start up it takes ages to update. Then when I am working online it just randomly kicks in and the logo in the task bar starts spinning and slows me down again.

I really don't want to pay for Antivirus if I don't have to, so is this something I have to just put up with if I want it for free?

thanks

There is AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials that is free. The reason Avast kicks on is that it has an active scanner. I have not used Avast in some time, but if I am not mistaken it has a link scanner that will test the links while you are surfing to test and make sure they are good sites.

I prefer Microsoft Security Essentials myself.

There is AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials that is free. The reason Avast kicks on is that it has an active scanner. I have not used Avast in some time, but if I am not mistaken it has a link scanner that will test the links while you are surfing to test and make sure they are good sites.

I prefer Microsoft Security Essentials myself.

Thanks, I've just changed :big_smile:

Back
Top Bottom