Automatic Call Distribution

Some_IT_Guy

Beta member
My company is developing a way to be able to forward calls during a disaster recovery period. What we are wanting to do is forward a call from our landline to a center or service provider who can then distribute it to multiple cell phones so our calls are not interrupted and our customers will not receive a busy signal when they try to contact us.

We can not forward the phone line to a single cell phone, because when there are already two calls, the others will receive a busy signal.

I have googled for ACD services but I haven't had much luck.

Any suggestions?

search for hosted phone systems instead. I would think most pbx systems would be able to handle this. asterisk, mitel, ringcentral, grasshopper come to mind.

Thanks Office Politics. I think I've figured out how I should handle this. I'm going to purchase a virtual line which when needed, forward my fail-over land line to, and the hosting company will put it in a sequential ringing pattern.

Now my issue is I need to know of a good and reputable company to use.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me more information about a company called TeleForwarding, USA out of New York?

Personal dealings, experiences, issues. Don't want to know of any Hearsay information, but anything you know to be factual information.

I'm interested in knowing how this can be done automatically. Currently, our team has a manual process planned that involves being notified of the unavailable system, calling our Telco, and requesting them to forward our main number to xyz company number.

its prolly best to know what state you're in to give a rec.

As far as I know, it cannot be done automatically. It is still a manual process to plug in the fail-over system.

I apologize if how I described it was unclear.

I'm interested in knowing how this can be done automatically. Currently, our team has a manual process planned that involves being notified of the unavailable system, calling our Telco, and requesting them to forward our main number to xyz company number.

its prolly best to know what state you're in to give a rec.

Oklahoma

Our current Telco doesn't offer the service, unfortunately.

I'm super interested in this as well. We are doing something similar.

We monitor our systems with OPManager. OPmanager has a feature that allows you to execute a program as an alert (IE server goes down execute the program). What we are designing is a way to have OPManager call out if specific disaster issues arise - for example if our main SAN goes offline.

The current setup is:
1. OPmanager triggers an alarm (IP isn't responding to a ping request)
2. That alarm then triggers an alert in OPmanager
3. Alert runs a program - which is a batch file
4. Batch file then automatically calls on a USB modem using a script and will automatically dial a specific list of numbers
5. Once dialed, a recording is played on repeat describing the issue (canned recordings, i'll have one for datacenter connectivity, one for thermal events, etc)
6. The batch file is configure to repeat every 30 seconds, so it will continually call the number (or set of numbers) until the alarm is acknowledged in OPManager

This is still in the works, we have everything up to number 5 working. I had an old PCI modem in an old ass computer dialing out. That PC finally blue screened (it was like 8 years old) so i got approval to use a new computer and purchase a new USB modem. Once i receive the modem i'll finalize the solution.

Back
Top Bottom