Auora?? some kind of pop up spyware!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
When i have been accesing websites, usually everyone time i load a new web page this pop up called auora or seeve comes up with advertisements on it. And idk if this could be related but when i do a virus scan, ( i used microsoft antispyware, spybot s&d) i found this folder which could not be deleted, manually or automatically. it said it was in use or something. any suggestions??

Try booting into safe mode and deleting it from there.

How to get into safe mode:
Shortly after you get your computer/mobo manufacturers logo screen, start hitting F8 repeatedly.

Then you should get a menu. Choose the option to boot into safe mode.

Once booted into WIndows with Safe Mode, delete you pesky folder.

down load this and run it reboot

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4609

then if your still having troubles

then do this

Please do this. Click here to download Hijack This. Save it to it’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop). Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan” . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

lobos

yea i had aurora, the spy sweeper works in shawns sig, hijackthis doesn't see it,

it is a adaware program called abetterinternet, spy sweeper got rid of it repeatedly but it keeps coming back..

hijackthis does does see the main part of the infection it doesn't see the whole thing aurora popups are more of a symptom of the bigger infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom