Any thought on ridding a y9y9 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure if this helps, but I found the Y9Y9 folder inside a program named Game Booster with another folder named installr/r.
Installed this program about 2weeks ago and was working well then noticed 2 folders on the desktop (Y9Y9 and installr/r). They both were able to be deleted until yesterday and thats when I found them inside the program folder and did a remove program and full scan.
Also noticed that it took about 7 times of running the program b-4 this started.
I might redownload the program and ck it again just to be sure.

ok got rid of the y9y9 by deleting all HP items and found the inst_rr in my system mechanic folder.
Now to reinstall HP printer and see

I`m having the same problem I`ve tired every antispyware, malware and free program to get rid of this . It always says access denied. It is on 2 of my computers and has morphed a couple of times. I will be watching closely.

Take Care Lumps

how do i delete this file? what process do i have to follow.. also i have a autorun.inf.. i think it might be malware or trojan horse, can anyone help to remove these pests????

how do i delete this file? what process do i have to follow.. also i have a autorun.inf.. i think it might be malware or trojan horse, can anyone help to remove these pests????
My personal email is: babycherub2009 [at] yahoo [dot] com

thank you if you have any solutions for me....

My personal email is: babycherub2009 [at] yahoo [dot] com

thank you if you have any solutions for me....

Do you own anything that is HP?

I didn't read all the posts in this thread but I just wanted to know if you already tried these items.

Have you tried hijackthis's delete on reboot feature?

Have you tried a program called killbox to delete the file?

have you tried a program called unlocker to delete the file?

Have you tried shift+delete in safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom