Any good free Server Anti-virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
My server has been ****en hacked (sry for the expression) several time with bots, virus called "alexa" and spyware called "messenger" . i sick of removing this ****. anyone willing to point some pointers on server protection?

Thanks

BTW my server is running under DMZ mode since there is too many ports to forward

Windows 2000 Server Advance

Well there isnt any free good Server AV. NOD32 might work. But again not free.

I would look into changing passwords. Updating everything on there to the most current versions and trying to get some firewalls or something on there to stop people.

No such thing as a good free Anti-Virus for servers :D

Try Kasperky, as there security is directed towards servers. You could also try Microsoft Forefront, but that might be a little overshot from where your looking to go.

I agree free anti-virus is never great good but not great especially when you are talking servers for home free avg anti-virus/spyware is good. Are you running a true server os like 2000/2003/2008 server?

He said last line of his post. Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Being that it is 2000 and all. I would say Maybe you could get AVG or AVAST on it.

Yea it would be better just to upgrade the OS, are you paying for the server or do you own in as in its sting in your home?

I own the server personally, i wouldn't say its a server server; what it is , is a P3 Tower Computer running Server OS

I found few holes where hackers travel into, such as file sharing, network administrator accounts, etc

im using so for Spybot search and destroy , and so far its holding on good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom