Antivirus vs internet security? Please help me choose...I'm a newbie lol

Shaneaook1989

Beta member
Ok so I just purchased a new computer and need antivirus software/internet security. Please help me choose a product to suit my needs.

First is does internet security labeling on these products come with antivirus? I'm am very confused here, or do I need to buy the antivirus product and internet security?

I have a an older Sony viao and it has some kind of virus on it now. I can't use firefox or internet explorer without a ton of new tabs and pop ups opening up to random web sites. My browsers are pretty much unusable due to this, it will not let me stay on a page without opening up another tab.

I do not want this to happen to my new computer!

Things that are important to me:

Antivirus with malware ect. Detection and removal

A firewall

Things that would be nice with it:

Something that isn't constantly eating up my CPU power and ram

A VPN that come with it. I'm not sure if these even offer a VPNs with these products but it would be a benefit and save me money every month not having to purchase a VPN service.

Something I can use on 3 devices

And I don't really care if its fast, I can wait longer for a scan or removal of viruses. I would rather wait longer and have something that is a better product. And at maybe a better price?

And lastly, this is not a deal breaker but something that I can use on android with would be my 3rd device.

I will be running windows 10 connected to my router with a ethernet cable. My computer will be on quite a bit as it will be used as my plex server and home server.

Again I am new at this and just want to be sure I gbuy the right stuff. Thank you very much on advance,

Shane

Last edited:
Windows 10 comes with Defender already and a built in Firewall. Defender is pretty good for most things. The only thing you need to add is Malwarebytes (don't pay for premium) and just run a regular scan every so often. For an easy to use simpe VPN just use Opera, it has one built in.

Hello Shane!
TBH I was dealing with the same situation of malware attack to my system which I got from browsing so, here are the steps I took to tackle this frustrating situation
1) Clean Install Window ( Yes it was painful to delete all your data)
2) Windows own "defender" is pretty well just keep on updating it.
2) Running a weekly full scan of my data
3 *Most imp* Installing a VPN ( Why? because anti-virus software can only protect files stored on the PC, but taking care of the main source for virus attacks (Internet) it is mandatory to browse the web through VPN.
You can easily get VPN like Express VPN, Nord VPN but i personally use PureVPN because of being budget-friendly, features like watch locked content of Netflix and higher secure protocol levels.
For more detailed reviews about VPNs, you can look into this article

Back
Top Bottom