Which antivirus software is better?

jodan

Beta member
I used Bitdefender for a year, it worked well until a keylogger was detected, it couldn't remove the keylogger without the password. Then I restored my PC which was really complicated to me, so I wanted to try some other softwares to protect my computer, here are some softwares I searched on google. Kaspersky, Webroot, Norton Security. Which one is better?What about its price? Any information will be thanked.

Thanks for the reply, I'd like to know if the microsoft security essentials detect keylogger because many antivirus software couldn't pick up remote spy or key logger. Could you give me more information about the microsoft security essentials?

imo, kaspersky and AVG are two of the most used and have some of the highest detection rates, but there really isnt a best.

none of the programs work in a similar way and each signature definition is written differently. for example kaspersky may have written a better detection rule for i dunno, Skipot BOT detection than AVG, but AVG could have some better definitions for backdoor subseven trojan.

the best thing to do is be smart and take preventative measures, use smart filters (google will tell you if a domain is suspected malware), the best offense is a good defence. antivirus programs are for when something is infecting you, you should first look at not getting infected at all.

this mean being smart when you're online and using a decent firewall

I started using AVG but after a couple issues I've started using Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) and it has detected several viruses and gotten rid of them for me. Had AVG on my laptop until something got in and made me reformat everything. MSE now :p

the main problem i found with users is that they typically get the "its slowing me down" option with computers not top spec.

i used to sell the product and i'll tell you what i told them:
norton 360 is paranoid, it has a real-time shield that protects you in the background which is set to run a scan every 15 minutes. slower computers WILL notice this.

I use free avast and don't have any issues with it. It's got a lot of neat features and security shields that you can toggle which is neat and it's got the browser plugin which is good and has worked for me numerous times. I don't find that it slows my computer at all.

I have used Norton in past with good results. Only problem was the resources it used when I needed the extra resources in graphics intensive programs.

On a new build and my wife's new computer I have used the Microsoft Security and included Malwarebytes full version. The use of these 2 programs together have been successful to date and caught all intruders. The big plus has been the lowered resource allocations.

Take my suggestion with the caveat that I do not enter increased risk zones of the internet and I am not a Facebook regular nor ever bit torrent/file-sharing participant.

Best o you in your search,

Q

Back
Top Bottom