antivirus delima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but 1st..the free version is no where near anything like them commercial anti virus' and there are better free A/V's about. Also the pro version simply cannot compete with the likes of Kaspersky, Nod32 and Bitdefender Pro.

About the detection rates, they suck. When you say 'up there with McAfee' don't you mean down there with McAfee? :D

Well, everyone knows that Kaspersky, Nod32 and Bitdefender lead in the commercial market. You can find that from any site.

Also there is no way a free anti virus will compete with such well known commercial A/V's - Common sense.

Ok so McAfee isnt bad at detecting but its a resource hog.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

A very respectable source from the Anti virus testing community.

I cannot link to the testing page as it is not permitted but im sure you will be able to find the latest test and work out which are better from the cert lvl reached and the percentages.

Nice site. Never heard of it. I'm going to read into it. Don't like what I saw on it from the quick scan. it's run by College students?

No, I believe it is run by a private team of professional analysist. It gives details in the 'about us' page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom