antispyware programs...should they run in the background...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have read the spyware section at download.com, and have got all the antispyware programs they recomended....but my question is, should they run in the background???

I know that they will take a lot of memory if so, but they all ofer live protection....

I was thinking that I should leave 1 only in the background (microsoft antispyware) and only run the rest once a week or so...

What do you think?

Also, do you think I should enable/run them all when I visit a website I know most prolly has spyware stuff? (for the live protect thing...) or should I leave them not running and when I finish from the site, run a scan on all...(which would take a lot of time though...)

thanx

ya..me too (you recomended symantec to me a couple of months ago...thx for that...) but what about the other antispyware progs? do I also leave them running? or do i simply scan periodically?

thanx again...

what do you mean look at the readme file? i guess they all recomend to run the prog in the background... (but what if we have more than 1 program intalled?? do i run them all???

run them every so often...remember the more items you have running in the background, the more memory it uses so just leave the two. So how do you like Symantec?

its been great so far! Ive been using on my laptop for 3 months now and it has been gr8...but I installed on my desktop about 3 days ago...and the best thing I like about it is that it barely uses any memory...(given my desktop is a Pentium 3, 598mhz!!!)

Im gonna leave mas only in the background and run the others periodically...
is it better to open them all when im going into a website that most propably has spyware? (or do i scan after i finish from the website?)

MAS will take care of that but after you are finished, then scan if you suspect anything. Make sure your popup blockers in set to high. I have 2 blockers, one is IE 6 built in PB and the other is MSN toolbar. Everyone on here always says the symantec usues so much memory and its not good to use etc etc. Its finally good to hear that someone is using it so maybe others will see.

as always, scan with symantec, any file that you download from a site you dont trust like crack sites and warez sites because there are a bunch of bad files out there....expecially when you get hit with paytime.exe

thanx...I will...

I remember you recomending ZoneAlarm...I got it and have been using since a couple of days ago...and it seems ok to me...but when I was talking with a computer technition, he told me that there is no need for it...what do you think? Also, someone here recomended the norton internet security (as a paid service) instead (in my other post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom