Anti virus protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
What do you guys think is the better one out of kaspersky 2008, NOD32 2008 or Bitdefender 2008? And if I used one of them do you think I should still use antispywere, antivar, spybot S&D, and windows defender?

Also, do I need comodo firewall.

thx

I prefer NOD32. I have heard great things of Kaspersky. BitDefender i have heard mixed results for. Mostly against but a few for it.

It is always necessary to use anti spyware.

Yes i was referring to that as well. You should at least run 1 anti spyware scanner once a week. Even the best prepared of us still get a spyware from a unexpected site. I still run scans on a normal basis even though i keep my machine clean. Better to be prepared than sorry.

I've been using Nod32 happily for quite some time...and think it does a good job for me.

It is a good idea to stick to one Internet Security package, to my mind, like KIS - Kaspersky Internet Security, or Norton's NIS. I myself is a supporter of KIS, but it was too 'heavy' for my system, and you know what? After I installed free Avast! it found some trojans KIS left behind! I used KIS 6.0... The new one should be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom