ALL of a sudden, these on my laptop

Rico007

Solid State Member
Greetings all, my laptop all of a sudden gave me the on "Free Antivirus" (dunno if it's a microsoft thing or not, an alert my computer has the following threats. I have less than 5 minutes to write (need to leave), so I'm gonna dump the names of the stuff here.

Backdoor.Win32.Small.x
Downloader.Win32.Delf.cgx
PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.rlh
GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.tnys
Downloader.JS.Agent.sg
Downloader.Win32.Braidupdate.c
Downloader_Win32_Agent.nmi
PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.sxa
Downloader.JS.Small.fi
WinWebSecurity2008
Sality.AN
Azero.B
BitTera.C
P2PSgared.U
BankerFox.A
Antivirus360
Sinowal.VXR
Autorun.AOL
MoonLight.V
Emogen.B
DisableKey
EdgeTech
Win32/Nuqel.E
Best Search
Win32/Wadnock
CPush
SillyDL BCL
Zlob AN
DMD.Bancos
CNNIC Update U
VMalum AWS
Advanced Stealth Email Redirector 6.2
LD Pinch V

I'm typing from my desktop. I will tonight back up whatever important stuff I have, the project I'm working on, and tomorrow will provide more info.

Important: My laptop for like a year hasn't had access to the task manager. I have an expired CA Antivirus a friend gave me, but I have no money to renew membership. No EXE files are running, so I cannot install anything. Looking to perhaps manually erasing them.

Whatever info is good for now, tomorrow I shall google them up individually to find more info on them. A friend told me she'd give me an antivirus disk she has to see if it will install on my laptop, as the virus cannot infect a disk that's written I think.

Crap, here's my ride!!! See ya tomorrow!!!

Did you install this 'antivirus' or did it install itself on your computer? If it installed itself, it may be a rogue virus, which disguises itself as an antivirus program but is really a virus written by people who want to be as much of a pain in the butt as possible so they can convince you to buy their software.

Before you do any thing, if you didn't install this antivirus yourself, I would google the name of the so called antivirus and make sure it is not a rogue virus.

Once you have found out this information, we will move on from there. As for the issue with task manager, I would recommend reading this tutorial on how to regain access to task manager:

How to Enable Task Manager

your laptop is already infected with viruses. If you can still back up you files, do it! Next is format your laptop and install up to date anti virus.

Lets not be rash now, formatting and reinstalling the OS is only a last resort tactic and may not even work if something like the MBR is infected, at least I think thats the case. SquallBK has a point, do some research and get your task manager back, google every process that you are not familiar with that you find in the task manager, and get a few good softwares to scan with like IOBit360 or Super antivirus.

your laptop is already infected with viruses. If you can still back up you files, do it! Next is format your laptop and install up to date anti virus.

Never under any circumstance is this necessary. This is ill advise even at the best of times. Please do not recommend to members to format and reinstall due to a virus there are so many things that can be done to remove them.

What is the name of the Free Antivirus? It could be and infection itself being a fake program! I have a laptop here that has it installed right now that i have to fix.

ALright, I am back, and I had to go on safe mode on my laptop last night, so I backed up everything on an external HDD, while telling a friend of mine about this problem. Reformatting is an option, but if it can be avoided, even the better. She looked up info which I am looking up right now.

It's called Antivirus Scan, as just as I though, it's a virus wanting me to pay for a fake program, that will most likely kill the computer.

Remove Antivirus Scan (Uninstall Guide)

This is the page she sent me.

I did try doing a PC search for the virus names, and they didn't come up, but the viruses themselves to exist on the online world. Normally I would expect it to be this desktop, as it is the one I watch my pr0n on, but she told me it just randomly attaches to you o-O

A friend is currently installing Panda Antivirus or trying to, I'm reading the page I linked. More info to come tomorrow, or later today if we "finish" in an hour, which is all i have.

The program itself is the infection. It tells you that your highly infected so that you get worried and pay them money to remove the infection. Only to find out that no matter what your always infected and have to pay them money. It is a scam and it can be removed without formatting.

Just use Safe Mode to go through the removal steps, scan with our guide.

Spyware Asylum

No format or reinstall involved. About 2-3 hours worth of work. But it will save all your files and programs.

Back
Top Bottom