is all spyware and adware are bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

From what I know, they are all bad, in a way or another. they arnt like viruses which might infect your pc, but they are pretty much annoying...they display adds, redirect your browser, open popups.... and they also might give a hacker some control over your PC... Even if theyr not all bad, i doubt theyre any good...

that is my opinion, but im no expert in these stuff...so ill leave it for other to reply on that...

;)

if you think you might have spyware, then I advise you to read the spyware section at download.com....they ran some tests to determine which ones were the best, and they came up witha list of about 5...ofcourse, there isnt any single antispyeare program that can detect all (each prog detects something the other wont detect) so i advise you to get all of the top 5 they recomended...

Also, if you dont know much about the topic, read what they have...i think its pretty good...

Good Luck!

ubeyou said:
i just wanna know...

Let me ask you this question?

Is anything good thats put there without your direct authorization and knowledge?

If you want to know if you have any spyware/virus problems I suggest you run hijackthis and post us the log.

Consider that updates to commercial software that can be bundled with addware gets tested for bugs and usually provides a patch for vulnerabillities; addware is simply an aplication on your pc displaying adds while you serf the web, some programs force you to install addware to run there program under the assumption that it helps pay for the development and support. It's not necessarilly bad to have addware on your system, as long as it isn't downloaded and installed without your permission, Edonkey for exsample includes addware but also includes an agreement in reguards to it; any addware that installs on your system without your consent or knoweledge has been termed mallware, normally it will display exsessive adds, reset your homepage, access other sites in the background among other things; some of these apps can be verry difficult to remove, I would recommend keeping up to date on the latest high risk threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom