AIM virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokuwakakera

Baseband Member
are there any AIM viruses going around, because my brother got a IM from a friend, and it said, "Look, I found a picture of you." and had a link to a photobucket-hosted picture, my brother opened the link, and nothing happend, he refreshed and still nothing.

well, 15 minutes later the friend calls and tells my brother to get offline, because he thought he might have sent him a virus, because his AIM got hijacked and started sending the same message my bro got, to everyone on his buddy list.

He ran a Virus check, via AVG, but it came up empty.

today, his brother signed on [on a differnt screen name], and not but 5 minutes later, it does the same thing, it started sending that message to everone.

now, i'm worried be cause my friend said he got the "I found a picture of you" message, and opened the picture URL and got nothing, but his aim got hijacked. My brother has not loged into aim since the incendent, but I made a new screen name, and have been loged on, and nothings happend, but I only have smarter child as my friend, so I dont know if it [the virus] wont send it to smarter child or what, but I dont know what to do.

Any help?

Sounds very fimiliar to what happened to me on my old computer. but this was on MSN. Like, i would send a link(which was prob a virus) to every single friend of mine, and there was no way i could stop it. If that AIM fix doesnt work.. I suggest downloading hijack this, and make a thread in the hijack this section and see what comes up. This is what I did and Mircobell helped me completely clean my computer. Good luck.

request mircobell to go over your log, hes the man.

ok, I found that the virus did not get on my computor, but it is on my friends. I'll tell him to get Hijack this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom