After installing Combofix, Kaspersky recognizes it as a trojan?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etewald

Solid State Member
I installed Combofix a few days ago so I could try to get my comp cleaned up and running better, and tonight, Kaspersky Internet Security recognized and flagged it as malicious software. It also detected a trojan:
Trojan.Win32..Generic.wcd in C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Is this a false read? Any help is apprecitaed.

Eric

ok, i get why combofix was recognized as a trojan. but what about the other one?

Make sure you downloaded Combofix from bleeping computer, use Spyware Assylum to get to it, NOT Combofix.com or .net because those are fake sites. Also have no programs running when you do it, Combofix is used by probably 90% of the people in these forums so were 100% sure it is safe for you. Kaspersky probably false flagged it because it goes into all your files and changes errors and deletes unwanted files or corrupted files. So make sure you have no programs running when you do it, and during it it will ask you to close any antivirus so it will not interfere with it. It sounds a bit fishy but trust me most people have used it on here. BTW i would go ahead and delete that other trojan you had because if it did come from Combofix it won't lose anything because Combofix is a exe.

When combofix finds a threat, it puts it in its own folder, usually unde Qoobox, which this folder can be deleted. Ive also see combofix remove some files and then with another scanner, it finds some infections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom