adware/spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
spyware are programs that can "spy" on your computer and what you do with it. adware, puts ads, sometimes in the form of pop-ups on your pc. use spybot search and destroy to get rid of any spyware/adware, it's free, but I don'y have a link to it.

Also, use a different Web browser than Internet Explorer. Try Firefox, Netscape or Mozilla.

Adware
Programs that secretly gather personal information through the Internet and relay it back to another computer, generally for advertising purposes. This is often accomplished by tracking information related to Internet browser usage or habits.

Adware can be downloaded from Web sites (typically in shareware or freeware), email messages, and instant messengers. A user may unknowingly trigger adware by accepting an End User License Agreement from a software program linked to the adware.

Spyware can be downloaded from Web sites (typically in shareware or freeware), email messages, and instant messengers. A user may unknowingly trigger spyware by accepting an End User License Agreement from a software program linked to the spyware.

ok, adware and spyware has been covered. Other browsers such as firefox (i dont recommend netscape, but the latest version i head isnt bad) are much faster, and very easy to use, and safer. U can simple open a new tab by pressing ctrl+t. to block spyware and adware, use spybot S&D AND Adaware. They are the 2 best. That should get u going spyfree, and addfree (sometime) hehe.

u dont install it, they get installed automatically from the microsoft unsupported java :D, so uninstall it, and install sun java to avoid problems

My 500th post! :D

U-Toast said:
u dont install it, they get installed automatically from the microsoft unsupported java :D, so uninstall it, and install sun java to avoid problems
I wish it was that easy lol, btw i have sun java and i also have no spyware/adware on my system :)
I also dont have spybot s&d.
if spyware gets in my system i kill it manually.

tips to get rid of spyware,

use a good host file
dont go to bunk sites
use firefox
learn how to use the registry editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom