Is adobe flash player safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I have been thinking lately about not using flash player any more because of security concerns. What do you think? Is flash player safe to use?

Ask Apple, i am sure they will be more than happy to enlighten you on the problems with flash and possible security flaws.

It is rarely needed anymore anyway. More and more websites are moving to HTML5 and unless you watch a lot of embedded videos you will actually find most websites function just fine. I know this from using my iPad at home (Which ofcourse does not support flash). Which is my primary browsing device. I rarely use my PC to browse the internet now unless i want to do something technical at the same time. For instance i've been using it all week and only once i have actually needed to use my PC because a website needed flash for its primary function.

But that's just me. Take a look at the sites you visit and see how much flash they use. If they use alot, then obviously your better off keeping it. As long as you have a good anti-virus even if it does have security flaws chances are you will be fine anyway.

I am thinking of writting up a tutorial on how to stay safe on the internet. So thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom