Ad spam in Mozzila Firefox

Runfox

In Runtime
I have some ad spam that keeps locking up my Mozzila Firefox that's driving me crazy. I bought McAffee antivirus, with spam gurad to clean it up but it does not catch it. Any ideas?? I have deleted Mozzila Firefox and reinstalled but it comes back. I have AD block add on to mozzila firefox but this still keeps coming. It pops up on the side as , from around the web ads.

McAfee is terrible. Uninstall it and get a refund if you can. Replace it with a free AV such as Avira or Avast.

Check your extensions list to see if there are any bad extensions causing issues. Disable all of them and re-enable one at a time until you find the offending extension.

May also be a good idea to try and run some malware scans:

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

Carnage X once again you are the ultimate computer tech master. I had adds constantly popping up in my browser , and it was just churning waiting for more trash to lord up. I just don't understand why Maccaffe is such garbage it could not find it, and I had to download a free program, Maleqarebytes, to find and eliminate it.

Adds removed , browser working fast and normal.
Thanks again Carnage X !!

Back
Top Bottom