Ad-aware 2007 Won't Quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Office is free to download and install. It is not a seperate M$ product. It is not even a M$ product. You must be thinking of Works.

Plus wordpad can open .doc as well. I have done it before when i had a .doc and no Office installed. So you still do not have a valid point.

Just to show you i am right i will give you pics as well.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6497/docfileer5.jpg
Selecting the file with a .doc extension.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3959/openwithla2.jpg
Right click open with

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7716/wordpadoctm0.jpg
wordpad opening a .doc without using Office.

So again i will state that you do not need anything special and you can save it.

I don't believe it! All I'm doing here is simply explaining what is being seen here without MS office installed. Of course we can always compare images back and forth. :p

Thanks all for the help and links etc. I installed Spyware Terminator seems pretty good. On the first run it picked up WSys which it allowed me to iquarantine . Did more browsing and scanned again and it picks up "Threats Affiliate Tracking cookie. The select box next to it is ticked. As soon as i click the" move to" button and select "quarantine" it unticks the box. It is only a minor threat rating . IF i re-tick the box it will remove it but not quarantine. I S THIS SOMETHING NEW WITH THE LATER programs that they wont quarantine low level threats or something? Maybe thats the same prob with AD-AWARE. With the older versions of AD-AWARE IF I WANTED everything including MRU'S could be quarantined. Am i doing something very wrong or is this normal?, or am i just getting thicker by the day?!! Thanks All.

Well i just showed you that Wordpad can open the .doc format without using Word. I will do it on Vista without office if you wish and download it with IE7 under Vista as well just to show you that there is nothing wrong with it.

Scroll down. Tell me what it says when you scroll down past the stuff at the top? Wait isnt that the document??? I think it is. That means you can open it with wordpad in Vista. :eeK:

You'll find that a good program at this time will simply remove any bugs once and for all. The idea of seeing some adbot or spybot even virus quaranteened is when a program wasn't capable of removal but could render a bug harmless until seeing it manually removed later.

As for the spyware guide I never said it couldn't be opened. It's what you end up seeing when not all of the embedded coding can be readily accessed like you would generally see in a regular text file since it requires MS office to view.

If you go any further the remaining is simply symbols and no longer any readable text.

Theres some good paid for spyware programs out there though that dont really cost that much

But why pay for those when you can get great ones for free? =)

And eyeCpc, save it with IE7 (right click > Save link as... > save it as w/e). Open up the folder you saved it to, right click > open with... > and open it with Wordpad, or download Open office (like Mak said, it's free), and open it with that.

You'll find that a good program at this time will simply remove any bugs once and for all. The idea of seeing some adbot or spybot even virus quaranteened is when a program wasn't capable of removal but could render a bug harmless until seeing it manually removed later.

As for the spyware guide I never said it couldn't be opened. It's what you end up seeing when not all of the embedded coding can be readily accessed like you would generally see in a regular text file since it requires MS office to view.

If you go any further the remaining is simply symbols and no longer any readable text.
I read it just fine on my Vista BASIC system. So i do not know why your hacked system doesnt work right. Wait maybe cause you messed with it???

I am not going to continue to debate these things. There are more ways and free ways to get the .doc read on any system. If you do not like that it is in .doc format then write up a guide get it hosted and put it in .txt format.

The format can be read. Open Office, Wordpad, Office all can read it. I have read it in all of them. In XP and in Vista. In Vista Basic and Vista Ultimate. I have even read it in Ubuntu. Sorry that you have issues with it. But it seems you are one of the few who have used the guide to not know how to open it. So i will leave this discussion now. I do not wish to continue this debate. As i have already shown that it can be done.

With IE 7 in Vista as I pointed out before Note Pad is already the default text viewer that opens it up before you can do anything once you click on the link seen there. You still haven't understood that one I guess.

The idea for a sticky however is to make it available to anyone without a need for downloading anything not already included in Windows whether XP, Vista, or another version. When making up a stickie providing working links for each program referred to is also a big help since then you can look over the home page information of each individually.

Gee if booted into a Linux distro due to Windows not being able to load as the result of some "bug" how do you run Open office there? hey can I jump on your Linux box for a few minutes to read a sticky with Open office? Windows is toast on my rig at the moment due to some bug."

It seems someone else is seeing good results already with a program not even on the list there. hhmmm... Besides half the bugs out there were made by the same people selling the removers for them! "see! our program works the best not yours!" Meanwhile you're saying...:mad: :mad: :mad: to all that!

With IE 7 in Vista as I pointed out before Note Pad is already the default text viewer that opens it up before you can do anything once you click on the link seen there. You still haven't understood that one I guess.
Well apparently something is wrong with your computer then. Change the file association for .doc documents from notepad to Wordpad in the Default Programs under

Gee if booted into a Linux distro due to Windows not being able to load as the result of some "bug" how do you run Open office there? hey can I jump on your Linux box for a few minutes to read a sticky with Open office? Windows is toast on my rig at the moment due to some bug."
Open Office runs on Linux... It even comes on Linux LiveCD's....

It seems someone else is seeing good results already with a program not even on the list there. hhmmm... Besides half the bugs out there were made by the same people selling the removers for them! "see! our program works the best not yours!" Meanwhile you're saying...:mad: :mad: :mad: to all that!

The list isn't going to have EVERY tool to remove spyware/etc on there...there are other programs out there, yes. The guide is just a general remover. I use Spyware Terminator as well, so yes, it does work well. None of us are saying not to use it? We're trying to get through to you that you can open a .doc with something other than Word.

I just opened it using Wordpad, and it opened; just none of the links work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom