Ad-aware 2007 Won't Quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
This new version of ad-aware will not quarantine items for some reason,not for me anyway. Any one else had the same problem and know how to overcome it ? Its the free version.

Use Osiris's guide. It has all sorts of things in there to use.

Have a link for the guide? Other then HiJack This and the poll on antivirus programs I couldn't a sticky for that.

I've used Ad-Aware along with AVG for a good number of years until the 2007 version was released. The newer version can still find things often missed by others. The ST program is one that gets put to the test often here.

The Ad Watch portion of the free version of Ad-Aware should be ignored entirely since that is only availble when using the full retail version. The free version is simply run along side ST and AVG here as an extra tool. I never seem to get bug infested with the additional layers on.

Unfornately NotePad will take preference before being able to use WordPad since you can't save the doc by right clicking on it to use the save to file option. When clicking on the link seen there you end up seeing...

spywaredocne1.jpg

I have never seen that before. I am able to just select the file and save it just fine. So i dont know what settings you have your browser on but it allows you to save it just fine and not open it with notepad by default. That is just you not overall. Sorry.

I did this in Firefox 3 Beta 5 as well.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7982/guidesavetr3.th.jpg

I'm presently in Vista with IE 7 seeing NotePad as the automatic default text editor assgned with no other for HTML type files while online. With XP you can easily leave that blank without any particular program set for default.

The exact same thing is seen when trying it with Safari 3.1 as well. The link there was setup mainly for XP and also supports FireFox before Vista was out or using XP when originally posting the link and not running into this.

Here's what is seen when trying it with FF2 here.

spywaredocff2df3.jpg

The one thing not mentioned here yet was the fact that you need Microsoft office word document not even Word Pad to view it. Not everyone has that installed on their systems.

Open Office.

Sorry! That wasn't included in the Home Premium edition. That's a separate MS software you purchase separately which also makes the link a problem for anyone else not running the Excel or MS office on their system.

A basic text editor like Note Pad would be far more universal especially for the various editions as well as versions of Windows. I'm afraid the system here is a custom build not one that came with preloaded softwares! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom