100% cpu usage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DecentOldMan

Solid State Member
i was downloading a song using limewire with no other application running when i open the task manager, it says 100% cpu usage!?
it stayed on until the download was complete.

full cpu usage for a song download is quite odd!
is my pc infected with a virus or something?

i was downloading a song using limewire with no other application running when i open the task manager, it says 100% cpu usage!?
it stayed on until the download was complete.

full cpu usage for a song download is quite odd!
is my pc infected with a virus or something?
Possibly. Then again, you might be using a Elite Control System motherboard...:laughing: Kill Limewire...does it still happen? If your using XP, what process does it say is consuming the CPU? (On the "Processes" tab, click the CPU column and look at the task at fault.)

thats normal, mine does the same thing.

Not quite!

I've uninstalled limewire, did some registry cleaning, downloaded and installed newer limewire version and zone alarm to prevent limewire 'act as a server'.. and guess what, it didnt do what it did before.

must have been a trojan or something because download was too slow not to mention full cpu usage :p

it wasn't, its common for full cpu usage to occur when menial tasks are being completed on your computer, anything from downloading a torrent to playing a light video game.

however its good news your problem is fixed, and your computer is more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom