1.5 Million Stolen Facebook IDs Up For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
1.5 Million Stolen Facebook IDs Up For Sale

According to this story, there are 1.5 million stolen Facebook IDs up for sale on the intertubes. It looks like the crook has been busy selling the IDs in lots of a 1,000 for $25 - $45. How come they know all this but can't bust the guy?

IDefense doesn't know if Kirllos' accounts are legitimate, and Facebook didn't respond to messages Thursday seeking comment. If they are legitimate, he has the account information of about one in every 300 Facebook users. His asking price varies from US$25 to $45 per 1,000 accounts, depending on the number of contacts each user has.

i do think its kinda odd that i dont see much spam on facebook. maybe i dont have enough friends?

why else would someone buy these ids?

Sorry but why is this even news worthy? No social media site has ever took your privacy or security seriously and while the number if correct is impressive it is nothing but trivial. The guy either got them by bruit forceing passwords its not hard considering 123456789 is a common password neither is password123.

And office politics, you would be supprised malware just loves social media sites that let you use a API or java, in the case of java it's because it allows you to run code on your box so you essentially PWN yourself when you play yet another crappy browser game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom