youtube is skipping around like crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you have to remember is that YouTube feeds millions of viewer every second of every day. You are not the only person that is trying to watch a video on that site at that very minute. So your download speed means nothing. But having multiple browsers with multiple tabs, µTorrent and other items that are eating up bandwidth will affect it. Cause they all use the same port! It doesnt matter how fast you can download, it doesnt matter that you have a Quad Core CPU. You can only push so much data through port 80 and have your PC use it at one time. If your trying to use browsers, iTunes and watch videos, that is 3 things all trying to use the same port and the PC has to give each one a priority level. The Browser is losing with YouTube. Stop doing so much just cause you have a high bandwidth and think your Quad Core can handle it all. That isnt the case. The PC is only as fast as its priorities. They are getting messed up. Try JUST watching YouTube videos and see if it still occurs, if so then you do have an issue. But with everything you have going, i can see how you can get this kind of mess up. Your trying to do to much with the laptop.

problem solved. It was the adobe shockwave player.. not the flashplayer. just reinstalled it.

What you have to remember is that YouTube feeds millions of viewer every second of every day. You are not the only person that is trying to watch a video on that site at that very minute. So your download speed means nothing. But having multiple browsers with multiple tabs, µTorrent and other items that are eating up bandwidth will affect it. Cause they all use the same port! It doesnt matter how fast you can download, it doesnt matter that you have a Quad Core CPU. You can only push so much data through port 80 and have your PC use it at one time. If your trying to use browsers, iTunes and watch videos, that is 3 things all trying to use the same port and the PC has to give each one a priority level. The Browser is losing with YouTube. Stop doing so much just cause you have a high bandwidth and think your Quad Core can handle it all. That isnt the case. The PC is only as fast as its priorities. They are getting messed up. Try JUST watching YouTube videos and see if it still occurs, if so then you do have an issue. But with everything you have going, i can see how you can get this kind of mess up. Your trying to do to much with the laptop.

As you can tell the problem has been resolved. It was shockwave player, not flash player or anything else that was the problem.

Maybe it's cause I'm not a tech-wiz although I consider myself relatively competent at least relative to the average person, but I'm perplexed that you think your reasoning has any bite. First off, of course I shut all unnecessary programs down through my several trial runs experimenting on different scenarios to see if anything would trigger the youtube videos to work.

ALL the things i have going on? I truly respect your position here and your apparently many contributions to the site, but you don't find it strange that it started skipping around like that, the audio would suddenly work only when i minimize it, and the suddenness of this happening, and that my former laptop which was paltry compared to this one would play youtube videos?

I mean.... I'm not exactly trying to run 5 separate programs of Crysis here. I have itunes and microsoft word on, and I shut them down to see whether this was a factor.

And I beg to differ with you based not on technical knowledge but just based on years of experience using computers and laptops in general. Not that I did do this in this particular case, but opening up several tabs of browser, itunes, WHILE downloading 5 different files, and streaming 5 different youtube videos is generally considered not a problem... at all. Laptop doesn't even remotely struggle. I know my rig's not a beast, but it's more than competent to do all this without so much as a stutter and i imagine it could do much much more than this.

Seriously??? It's youtube videos for god's sake, and I was talking about several several tries over the course of a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom