Yahoo Movie Trailers Never Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawnman

Solid State Member
Here lately I have been having difficulty watching Yahoo movie trailers. I'm able to view the advertisement beforehand, but then I see nothing but a constant blue swirling object against a black background--like it is always trying to load. (My flash player is supposed to be up to date with version 10.2.153.1, and I have it for both Firefox 4.0 and IE 9, and the Java site says I have the latest version.)

YouTube and other video sites are viewable--MSN; etc.

One other thing: At the Yahoo movie trailer site, I can click on the HD buttons and my QuickTime player allows me to view them.

Any suggestions ?:(

Thanks, I will. I can go to other sites that gives you movie trailers just fine (MSN; IMDB; etc.) But for some reason I can't open up a trailer without it being in HD at Yahoo. (shrugs shoulders.):confused:

Go ahead and reinstall both it and your Flash player. Heck, while you are at it get Quicktime and Java, too. One of them could be corrupt (I've had that happen before). Also make sure you are not blocking anything.

Go ahead and reinstall both it and your Flash player. Heck, while you are at it get Quicktime and Java, too. One of them could be corrupt (I've had that happen before). Also make sure you are not blocking anything.
I did all of that and still no go. I did find out that I needed to update Java.

The weird thing is if there is an advertisement, I'm able to watch it, but then no trailer.

So what browsers have you tried? Is it in just 1 specific browser or all?

So what browsers have you tried? Is it in just 1 specific browser or all?
I have IE9 and Firefox 4.0. Both will do the same thing with movie trailers--show the advertisement and that's it.

I can go to YouTube, IMDB, MSN to watch trailers--and yes, even the movie sites themselves--but Yahoo never loads them

So have you tried Opera, Chrome, Safari, Chromium, Maxthon or any of the other browsers out there? What addons do you have? Have you reset IE back to default settings? Did you remove Flash with their uninstaller before you updated it? Have you tried the Flash Square Beta?

Can I ask why it is so important that you watch them from Yahoo when you already say you watch them on so many other sites? What is it that makes it a deal breaker that it can only be watched on Yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom