Woman Killed Over Facebook Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing on mine that would cause problems. I have filled out applications that asked if I had a MySpace, Facebook, or other social page and wanted the URL for them.

I find that absurd......they have no business intruding into ones personal life.

How do you fail at stabbing yourself? Is it really that difficult? Just get a couple main arteries like the jugular...

Anyway, I'm proud to say I have no Facebook/MySpace/Twitter etc :D

In the stabbers defense, how would one actually stab oneself? I'm not condoning the behavior, but I think it would be quite difficult to stab yourself. I agree with synergy, jump in front of a bus!!

More idiots putting their whole personal life on a Public for all to see website.
I had to listen to a 2 hour phone argument the other day at my friends house over her idiot brother post something he did on his myspace and his girl friend seeing it.

More idiots putting their whole personal life on a Public for all to see website.
I had to listen to a 2 hour phone argument the other day at my friends house over her idiot brother post something he did on his myspace and his girl friend seeing it.

It is ridiculous when people put their whole life in a public forum and then get mad when someone doesn't like something they put there. People seem to have forgotten that a computer website is not the place to air your dirty laundry. I'm still trying to figure out why people act surprised when their boss calls and says:"I saw you smoking pot on YouTube, you're fired!", and then try to fight it by saying there privacy was invaded. The human race truly is getting dumber.

--Common sense isn't so common anymore
T.M.

I got fired over something I said on facebook. So it sucks and it shouldn't happen but what if someone was on a facebook and saw that someone murdered someone else and they were talking about it, (unlikely scenerio but plausible) what then. are you going to discount the evidence because it's wrong?

It's a tough call and there are many ethical debates within this one..

I am very selective on what I post to Facebook or Myspace. Same thing about a blog. I only post what I am comfortable with people knowing and what will not come back to bite me. I just don't get people putting up their entire life history online. Even on here there are only a few who know my whole name, and most of them only got it through payPal.

I got fired over something I said on facebook. So it sucks and it shouldn't happen but what if someone was on a facebook and saw that someone murdered someone else and they were talking about it, (unlikely scenerio but plausible) what then. are you going to discount the evidence because it's wrong?

It's a tough call and there are many ethical debates within this one..

I understand what you are saying. I don't think employers should be looking at things like that preemptively. But if there is reason to suspect an employee of something and the employee is representing said company, then they should have the right to investigate and substantiate the accusations or suspicions, especially info put on a highly public forum. The bottom line is, like Trotter said, don't put anything you don't want people to know about online, period.

I have nothing on mine that would cause problems. I have filled out applications that asked if I had a MySpace, Facebook, or other social page and wanted the URL for them.

I simply have my stuff locked down. Nobody can see anything about my profiles unless I'm friends with them. Even if you are friends with me on facebook, I have a filter which blocks out my pictures from certain people I have set on the filter list.

I figured out how to do this when my mom decided to get facebook before I turned 21. Hardy har harrr.

I got fired over something I said on facebook.

If that happened to me, I'm ashamed to admit I'd probably lose my temper and burn that place down. What I say outside of work is my business. If somebody is going to hold my external words accountable for my worthiness of my job, I'm not going to appreciate that. Especially if it's not even involving that person/institution anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom