Windows Media Player Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithryndil

In Runtime
I am having an issue viewing web pages that rely on Windows Media Player 11. I have installed Windows Media Player 11. I also have downloaded the Windows Media Player plugin. I am trying to listen to the album here:
Listen to Full, Free New Music CDs on Spinner - Spinner.com

It will play with no problems in Internet Explorer, but whenever I try it in Firefox I get the following:

You're almost there... Click here to upgrade your Windows Media Player to experience this great content.

Thanks for your help.

It has got to be something with the site. Cause i get the same issue. Loads up fine with IE8 no less. But wont load with Firefox or Opera at all. I know my WMP is up to date and i have all the WMP plugins installed.

The stie must not be coded to rexognize Firefox or any other browser but IE. Could probably use the User Agent Switcher extension to make it work. But the stie is just not made to work with Firefox.

AOL must have allied itself with Microsoft...Microsoft actually wants people to open their updates page in IE...good to know it's not just me.

Ummm....Firefox can use Widnows Update page now....If you are in Vista it doesnt even use a Web browser anymore. It is jsut a window....

Really? I must have missed that...I always get a message to click to go to download page, and it opens that up.

Yeah if you go to http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx in your firefox browser in XP you should see the update screen just like you do in IE. By default the Windows Update icon opens IE. Not that you are forced to use it anymore.

ffwu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom