Windows Explorer Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
I have Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1

Ever since installing Windows Service Pack Two, I have had a major problem with IE. I have a HTTPS website that requires updated versions of java and other programs. So, before entering the site, if the latest version of java is not already installed on the client PC, then it automatically goes installation for java on the PC. So, ever since SP2, I have had problems with this installation (it doesn't come up with the installation, the webpage just fails to be loaded).

Do you have any suggestions on what I should do or what settings I need to change?

I was thinking that it was something to do with the IE Privacy under Internet Options. Maybe setting it to Low will allow it to come up. However, I do not want to change the internet privacy settings each time I need to update the Java.

Note: Internet Explorer must be used due to its universal compatability to almost all sites. So, Opera, FireFox, etc. are out of the question.

The popup blocker might be blocking the java download. If you look at the bottom of IE, there will be 5 boxes. Right click on the second box, click popup blocker settings, set it to low, or just turn it off and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom