Why Java is so extremely slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lidllidl

Solid State Member
Hi, I got problems with certain chatrooms.

The problem is that my computer starts to be very slow, and tries to display elements of the chatroom, and even if I get there after 10 minutes, I cannot write anything.

I tried Opera, IE, FF and many others under XP.

How to fix it?

Let's try the obvious first.

Download JavaRA and run it. Have it check for updates using the Sun Java Website. Download and install the latest version. Once it has been installed, have JavaRA remove older versions of Java.

Try that and see if it helps.

It could possibly be the sites themselves. Have you tried doing the same thing on other sites to make sure it is Java itself?

That one works fine for me. I am using the computer in my signature... AMD 4200 X2, 4GB or RAM. My CPU is running at almost 100% due to me running Folding@Home but the Java applet was able to run and do so at full speed.

ok, but a few months ago these chatrooms worked fine on my PC, so it's not a problem of my configuration. I have also tried to defrag all my partitions, but it didn't help.

Something has changed somewhere, but I'm not sure what it could be. I don't know of any updates that would impact Java performance.

Try checking your background processes. Open up Task Manager (right-click the taskbar and choose Open Task Manager > click the Processes tab). See what processes are using the CPU. System Idle Process is just that... the percentage of the CPU sitting idle not doing anything. Whatever is using CPU cycles look up on Google. You may have something running that is slowing you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom