Why is IE 7 so slow? How to fix IE7? Speed it Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, not worth the headache figuring out IE7's problem. Firefox all the way. I haven't used IE since the very first firefox many many years ago. Good Luck

Using a new computer that came with IE7 (internet explorer 7) and amazed at how slow it is. Its loads up fine, but browsing pages is slow?
WHY?

I have already disabled / turned off the phishing filter.
I had installed skype, which automatically installed some plug --- turned that off.
I've looked at setting as best I could... I don't see anything else to disable, turn off?

But its really slow to load a page... any page.
I go to google, do a search and it takes 5 seconds plus to see the results?!

I did notice on tech forums, it displays the google ads at the top very slow, about a 2-3 second pause after the page loads.

Seriously, there must be a setting I'm missing, IE7 can't be this slow to display a page.

I'm about to load firefox and ie 6 again.

thanks

Im having the same problem as you but i didnt really care since I use FF and i know or at least hope Im spyware free. So do yourself a favor and plz plz plz get FF with fasterfox you'll love it.

I'm sure Larry is using FF for now, but I can see why he would want to be able to use IE7... he is a businessman, after all.

Have you found a solution yet, Larry? Have you PMed Warez Monster?

So you have a new computer that has an operating system preinstalled I'm guessing? What I always do is perform a fresh install. I copy all the drivers to my thumbdrive, then wipe it out. I would also dump Norton System Works as this doesnt help the speed of your system at all and the Sonic Firewall. I'd go with SAV 10 if you don't mind buying it or use AVG or Avast. I'm pretty confident that with a fresh install you will see a big difference. They load so many programs at startup its crazy. I've been using IE7 since it came out. I found a few bugs but got them worked out. I dont see how IE7 can or would be system specific on how fast it is. I've done a few speed tests between the two and for ME, IE7 was almost always faster. But the difference in speed is so small, most of the time you don't even notice it. This can also be dependant on your net connection. Dial Up and DSL load a lot slower of course than Cable, I've seen this myself and its common sense. I also dont see the point in using so many different addons that FF users have, but thats just me. I dont use any on IE except when a program adds it itself but then I usually dont use it. If I were you, I'd stick with IE7 since it is the standard browser. FF is not any safer than IE, it's just not as popular as IE so why would that many people bother exploiting it? Just think of what will happen in the future when it does gain more popularity, which it will like everything else, you will see the same thing happen that you see with IE plain and simple. Anyways, try what I mentioned and see if that helps.

About time you showed up, Warez.

Would using De-Crapifier help him out?

I see your point about add-ons. I just live by mine. I'm lost without my added functionality. if a program adds itself into my browser, I trash the program no questions asked.

I usually dont look in here...

I never used De-Crapifier. All depends on what he wants to do. He can be up and running again in as little as 1 hour or more depending on how much software he needs to load and how experienced he is. I'm not saying this will solve the problem but its worth a shot. Everyone has an hour or so to spare especially if they want their pc running correctly. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom