Who ows the DNS servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Hope my question makes sense! :D

I know there are 7 DNS servers and I know they convert URL's and Base-10 numbers to IP's, but:

-Who owns the DNS servers?

-If I would have a hosting company and I want to give somebody a full domain like www.jsdbfdkfn.com, where do I buy these domains??? And what do I need to "register" these domains?

Tnx :)

there are 15 DNS servers. 13 in actual work, and 2 for back-up (in case the DNS serves fail).

Internic owns the Domains and the naming servers therefore.

sorry, forgot to answer your other questions,

it depends which domain are you getting?
.com domains are in actual registered with internic.net , but they have resellers (like domain companies) so internic only updates your record once a domain is registered with you. e.g www.register.com is a domain registrar.

every country has its own leading domain recording organization, like if to give example of UK (sa i'm from UK), I have though got my domain registered from some registrar, but eventually got the end passwords from Nominet.org.uk (that is name of organiation dealing in regional UK domains), I have my full access to my domain via my registrar wher I can change my domain settings etc, but at the end, I have this password from Nominet as well, where I can only change my address etc.

Hope it makes u clear, sould there arise any other question, ASK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom