Whats with Opera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenX

In Runtime
For some reason whenever I run Opera (my new browser because verizon wont get off their fat a*ses and adapt one for vista) I am unable to stream video ( i can do youtube but not like windows media player or other video formats), what is causing this? Ty for input fellas.

-WarrenX

It i scodecs when it comes to youtube. Get any one or all of the following.

KLite Codec pack
AC3Filter
CCCP
Vista Codec Pack

This will solve your issue. Now if you want to view a .wmv streamed over the net that is something else. But when it is youtube related it is always codecs.

yah its the wmv. streamed, for some reason on my sites it says, "the session has timed out"

Alright i got your fix for this as well.

plugins.rar - WMP Opera Plugin - BADONGO

Download and extract that with WinRar. Put those 2 files into the C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins folder.

This is the WMP plugin files needed to get WMP videos working. Try that see if it works for you then.

Alright i got your fix for this as well.

plugins.rar - WMP Opera Plugin - BADONGO

Download and extract that with WinRar. Put those 2 files into the C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins folder.

This is the WMP plugin files needed to get WMP videos working. Try that see if it works for you then.

TY for the help Makaveli, but that link keeps recycling itself, it takes me to a page that says "wrong link" :(

**** doesnt seem to be working but its ok, the apps still run with IE7 so im good, tyvm for ur help though Makaveli :)

Opera is more difficult to configure with some plugins because they're made with firefox and IE in mind.

Once you get them working, though, its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom