What is your ISP speed?

mine is subscribed 6Mbps but my real download speed averages 650KBps-1.2MBps (my max from top tier sites like download.com,sourceforge,etc). Most sites are around 450-650 on average. and 320 for lower tier sites and places like small webhosts .

But my ISP is really bad about throttling skype though I can't seem to have good call quality worth a crap. I can't hear people or or they can't hear me half the time. I am prolly gonna drop it and get a tracfone for now. arrrg.

They do this becuase every time I get the mail they are trying to push us to get thier digital phone service that is 'only 39.99/mo' ha! I am not paying that much for something hom-tethered. I would rather have a cellphone then that. home landlines are only worth 5/mo and that's the most you should pay for one even voip since it don't cost them jack.

but other then that my speed is tolerable but I wish I had FIOS in my area, I would learn japanese and be able to move thier and get even better net access than anything in the US sooner then they would ever get it to my area. LOL>

I now have RoadRunner (Time Warner) Cable. It is rated at 7Mbps, along with PowerBoost.

I'm happier than the 768Kbps I got from AT&T

I heard that bell is going to work on their fibe plans to get them avail more around the province, so hopefully within a year or two i will have fibre optic internet, but bell has said this before, and nothing happened, so maybe not anything to jump for joy about.

Back
Top Bottom