What forum Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I am setting up a webserver at my school to serve locally. It will be serving forum and a content management system.

I was thinking of 2 different paths to take:

PHPBB/Integramod and PHP Nuke - These are open source. I havnt had any experience with them but im sure i can learn.

Invision Power Board 1.3/IPB Nuke - The first one is free (for users who got it when it was available for free) and IPB Nuke is open source. I have had quite a bit of experience with IPB 1.3 and 2.0 (but i dont want to buy another licence of it for the school which is $160).

Wayne

for free i like phpbb. lots of mods you can add and lot's of free styles makes it fast and easy to get going.

i've seen some nice looking invision boards, but never liked the feel of it.

vbulletin is way to expensive! $160 for a license is just nuts.

yeah, thats why i didnt put it in as an option. IPB 1.3 is quite nice because its free and i have quite a bit of experience with it.

id defintly go with something i would have experiance in..makes the school know what your doing

yeah. Also, i need it to display, possibly marquee announcements across the top of the forum. Does anyone know how to do that?

p.s. Static_11, you said Ununtu in your sig but if your refering to the Linux Distro - its spelled Ubuntu.

yes i know it was a typo that i have to get fixed... and as soon as the guy who's on who did it im going to ask him to change it... it was my fault because i gave it to him and he just copied and pasted it on the blank sig..

yeah and also i think that chic on your sig is suppose to have bigger boobs, so if you could change that too, that would be great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom