what is firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

scozzman

Beta member
hi all...

Just a quick question ( and probably a real obviouse one too! ) but what is this fire fox. I know its some kind of browser but why is it so popular?
Is it faster? or just easier too use?
Can it speed up my already slow browser?
What are its advantages over microsoft explorer?

Thanks in advance.

To me the advantage is that it works better. Handles unwanted pop-up better. I don't think I've been hit with a virus since I started using it. I like the style of it better.

I won't say it's perfect but I only use IE now if I find a page that firefox won't work on, which does occasionally happen.

If you haven't tried it, you should check it out. It's free and you don't have to get rid of IE or anything. I have both.

Get it mate, is all i can say!

Ive been using firefox instead of internet explorer for 3weeks now and its great, quicker at loading pages, much much better security than explorer and protection from spyware etc AND the ability to upgarde it via extensions you can download.
Heres a link, read all about it on there and you can also find out what i mean by extensions to save me typing an essay!
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Like my sig says... FIREFOX all the way.

If IE ever gets its act together enough to actually compete with Firefox, I may use it on occasion... but even with its so-called improvements it still is way behind.

And, yes, I have the IE7 preview beta2 refresh.

yea. i like the customizing ability and potential. also, i feel safer as i havent gotten a virus yet....knock on wood....

ive tried firefox in the past. no where near as fast as internet explore is. my computer is in great shape also, no virsus.

ive tried firefox in the past. no where near as fast as internet explore is. my computer is in great shape also, no virsus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom