what is the best compression file

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
yesterday in class my teacher said lossles is the best compression file,as you dont lose any quality of a picture,i said rar is a good compression file,he said no lossless is the best,we have a test next week and have to put down lossless as the best,i want to know what is the best for pictures movies etc.
thank you in advance

:laughing:

SO the best compression out there is one that barely even uses compression? I dont get it?

From Wikipedia:

Lossless data compression is a class of data compression algorithms that allows the exact original data to be reconstructed from the compressed data. The term lossless is in contrast to lossy data compression, which only allows an approximation of the original data to be reconstructed, in exchange for better compression rates.

Loseless is barely compressed at all. Rar is more compressed. Loseless offers teh best QUALITY. Not the best compression. Your teacher is wrong.

JPEG is a compressed picture file.

Movies really arent compressed. But a avi file would be the most compressed a movie would be.

thanks mak i dont get it either as rar is on of the choices,but he said we have to put down lossless as the answer,as you dont loose any quality of the picture when compressing it but you do with rar so he says,i will just have to go with what he says for the assessment,as rar is wrong in the assessment he has got me very confused mate.

i think i will i am doing powerpoint with this teacher,but i dont think that makes a difference as to what the teacher is saying,this is crazy i have to put down a wrong answer in exam to be right

those links can not be found mak,Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at techist.com

That's because when he copied the article from Wiki, the links copied as well, but the links refer back to their server, and not the local one (TF) ;).

Also, please don't double post. That's what the edit button is for.

did i double post again if so can you tell me where as i haven't opened a new thread about this topic anywhere else that i am aware of mate

I think that they meant that you posted two times, back to back, in this thread. Look up ^^

oh i see ,thanks for pointing that out to me ,but sometimes forget things and post again with more info for you whizkids to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom