What is this?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ZeroX

Thanx for the link, but I already have two Adaware scanners. The one I use most is the Yahoo! one. I ran another scan, deleted files, deleted cookies, deleted history, and when you simply type in www into the "homepage" bar, sure enough, the site's name appears since it's the only one there. I may have to give this computer away and I don't want it in here!

Re: Him

It's a Spanish adult website. If you still want to know, I'll post the address. Hopefully it isn't inappropriate to do so, since I'm really trying to just get rid of it. Again, I've never visited the site:eek:, so I'm not sure how it's here, and so permanently, too.:mad:

Re: Warez

Wow, confusing:D ! Sorry, I'm not too tech-saavy. Another thing is, well, that I'm running on Windows 98. Does that change a lot? I'm thinking of just deleting and re-installing IE. Would that work?

Re: Re: ZeroX

Dude97 said:
Thanx for the link, but I already have two Adaware scanners. The one I use most is the Yahoo! one. I ran another scan, deleted files, deleted cookies, deleted history, and when you simply type in www into the "homepage" bar, sure enough, the site's name appears since it's the only one there. I may have to give this computer away and I don't want it in here!

a yahoo spyware scanner?

give this link a try
http://www.download.com/Spyware-Center/2001-2023_4-0.html?tag=dir

it's a faq of spyware and some programs to get rid of it.

it sounds like you have some sort of virus.

do you have a anti-virus?

if not here is a free download of avg
http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10342876.html?tag=lst-0-1

works great.

i suggest you run all those scans and i'm sure you will find alot of stuff.

also you might want to think about changing browsers.

check my sig below.

let us know how things go:D

Re: Zero

Well, I downloaded the Adaware scanner. It turns out that it was just an updated version of one I already had. I am proceeding to delete Internet Explorer, since it's on my new laptop with no problems so far. Hopefully, this'll send the website into cyber oblivion. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

you cant delete IE, it is an integral part of Windows. If you could delete it, you would cirpple Windows. There has been many lawsuits over how integrated IE is into Windows.

Reinstalling it, though, you can do. I dont think it would do anytyhing though. What is the name of the website that keeps showing up?

Re: Him

So, if I delete Internet Explorer, it'll mess up everything? I DO have a laptop now, so I have another way to use the web, if that's the only dilemma.

It's an adult site, "bolinga.com," "en Espanol." I don't know how the heck it got here :mad: , which irks me, but I do know that it hasn't always been here. Like I said, I looked it up on Yahoo! search, but turned up nothing. It was so mysterious when it first turned up that I first searched its name to see what it was, but it was all in Spanish anyway. Weird, weird, weird.

Possible virus? Have you really scanned the hell out of your computer for spyware, and virus's? Cruise the net, look for every spyware scanner you can find, and scan your comp with it. Use a multitude of different ones. They all pick up things that other scanners dont, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom