What is this?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude97

Solid State Member
Yeah, I cleared history, deleted cookies, etc., but there's this site that appears in memory, no matter what. If you type in the first corresponding letters, the site shows up in the address bar, even though I've cleared history. I checked accessibility and it isn't there. I searched for it through 'find' by name, and didn't find it in drive C or "My Computer." I never visited the site before, but it's here, and it won't go away. I'm pretty sure I don't want it around. Is there a scam going on? I looked up the site on Yahoo search, but there is no info on why it's automatically here. The only thought I have is that it comes with Comcast, but I don't think they'd do that.

Re:

I click on the blue, lower-case 'e' symbol. Is that "Internet Explorer?"

Turn off autocomplete for everything, delete your cookies once again and temporary internet files, reboot, and see if it is still there.

The best thing you can do as an IE user is to change your browser, preferrably to FireFox or Opera.

Run a spyware scan - use AdAware.

Spyware?

I'm thinking it's spyware too....Counterspy? (in sig)
Try going to the address bar, hover over the entry, don't click, and do shift+delete. (not backspace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom