Web pages print improperly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug R

Baseband Member
I have an HP 722Cc printer. When printing a page of print from any website the page is too far off-centered to the right and results in three or four letters being chopped-off at the right margin. However, if I Copy and Paste that page to the Word program as a new document the printing is perfect? What can be done to avoid having to Copy & Paste everytime?

In Firefox you can go to File>PageSetup>Margins&Header/Footer(2nd Tab) and mess with settings. Is this what you need?

I don't know anything about "Firefox" but I'll see if there is anything in Microsoft that could do the same thing. Thanks anyway.

What Internet browser are you using? If you are using Internet Explorer then just go to:File,click on print and then click on properties and there should be some tabs at the top.Go there have a fiddle around and see if you can fix it.If you are using another browser just let me know.

Okay, I found the page to set the margins, however even with only a 1/4 inch right margin the right lettering gets chopped off. Is there some way to set the page smaller prior to printing?

Depending on what site you go to, some web programmers aren't very printer friendly. There isn't too much you can do about it. Sorry bud :/

That's what I want to avoid. I just want to print what I see on the screen without the hassle of copy and paste. If I remember correctly, this problem didn't occur when I first got this PC. "Something" has changed in settings.....where ever those settings may be?

Web pages are coded to look correct on screen, and that will not always (or usually) let them print correctly.

What you experience is not a "fault" that you need to be concerned about fixing.

Where the page is designed to be printed, websites often have a "printer friendly" version which is coded to fit a page (but does not display optimally on the screen)

Use CutePDF Writer & Free Converter http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp You have to download and both programs from that page and install CutePDF Writer first, then the Free Converter.

The program prints the page as a .PDF file, so the page looks as it does on screen. When you print the page from your browser, choose "CutePDF" as your printer and print. It will save the page as a .PDF file on your computer, then use Acrobat Reader to print. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom