Web Browsing (Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech719

Solid State Member
Does anyone know why..

When I accesss mail.yahoo.com from my work computer, I see this as the login screen:

yahoo10gg.jpg

However, when I access the same URL from my home computer, I get this login screen:

yahoo29wg.jpg

What would cause this? I'm pretty sure the first one is the most updated page, and I've cleared my cookies/cache on my home PC, but still get the 2nd login screen everytime I visit my Yahoo! email login.. thanks for the help.

i got the 2nd one when i just checked.

not sure why you would be getting 2 different ones?

maybe they show random screens?

you could always email yahoo and i'm sure they could shed some light on this for you.

Yeah, it's really weird..

Normally I'd assume it could be rotating randomly, but it consistantly loads with screen 1 at my work, and screen 2 at home so it can't be that..

I'll try to check with Yahoo!, any other thoughts or ideas?

i have emailed yahoo before and they were quick on getting back to me.

any word yet tech719?

ZeroX said:
i have emailed yahoo before and they were quick on getting back to me.

any word yet tech719?
this is tech719 (changed my user name) and no, haven't received a response from Yahoo! yet.. I'll post when I do.

I actually ran CCleaner on my PC at work and cleared my cookies / cache again and now screen 2 loads up, so I'm wondering if maybe they were temporarily testing out a new site design and then pulled it down? I'm still not sure why tho 2 different layouts were loading up for the same URL at the same time on 2 seperate computers..

I know for a fact screen 1 isn't an old layout because it used to load up screen 2 on my work PC, then one day screen 1 loaded up and I assumed Yahoo! had just updated the look of the site.. went home, accessed the same URL and bam.. old screen (2) loads up.. pretty weird..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom