Web Browsers List

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was earlier versions of Firefox before 1.6 mate. I used the pre-1 builds personally. Must have been Beta builds. But i know they were out there.

Here is 1.07

Download Firefox 1.0.7 - FileHippo.com

Which is much earlier than what Wikipedia talks about. Guess they changed the name a bit sooner than version 1.6 as they say.

Download Firefox 1.0 - FileHippo.com

They even have Firefox 1.0 as well. Guess you cant believe everything written on Wikipedia...

I was simply looking at the time frame and thought that was a little late even for 1.6 since Linux has been around a lot longer then that points out.

You're talking early 70's for UNIX itself later to expand to Linux(free instead) once desktops and work stations came about over what reel to reel tape, manually typing commands, 8086s 8088s until... oh my :eek: ...Steve Jobs and Apple seeing the first desktop! :p

I guess they needed their own browser there with something a bit different then Windows 1.0, etc., etc., etc.,-Vista for sure! As far as Wikiwhatever I never completely go by anything there I can't confirm elsewhere. Webopedia is another one too.

I dotn think their time frame is even anywhere near right.

Wikipedia is good for some information. Wrong for other information. I never trust it.

Generally the only time I'll post any link for Wiki or Wedpedia is when not finding a good alternate blog or site to look over. Then you are kind of stuck when trying to explain something where that might be the only reference on rare occasions. All they do there is slap a quick description and link external sources.

Meanwhile since adding on a usb hud for the latest devices IE is back to normal since I have to use a usb adapter to get online here. It seems the usb bus was getting pulled down a bit. But I'll still keep all four browsers just the same to run comparisons between them. I kind of like having some other options available! :D

Listed right above Chrome. ;) 2nd last one on the list. It is on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom