Wanted: IE8 Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that the tab crash is working correctly in Beta 1. I think that is something that they added to Beta 2 and should be fully functional when that gets released later this month.

Hopefully it will actually help and not make IE's crahing worse. By that I mean for example the tab will crash individually but more often than when all of IE would crash. I could see it happening in Beta 2.

Hello,

It looks like i was wrong. The Tab Crash Recover is in this build.

IE8tabcrashrecover.png

It does work as well. I recovered my 2 tabs easily.

Cheers,
Mak

*Edit*

Now that i look at that and think about it. I think that was because of IE7Pro not cause of the built in tab crash recover. So i might still be right. I have turned that feature off now to see if i can crash it again.

I've sent the exceptions to Microsoft so hopefully they'll be a fix for it next version. Tab recovery does work when I emulate IE7.

Hello,

I would say yes. IE8 is planned to be finished and released before the end of 2008 according to Microsoft. Which is long before they plan to release Windows 7. Which isnt until sometime in 2009-2010.

So i would say for sure that they plan on using IE8 with Windows 7 just as they used IE7 with Vista.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom