Want to see how a Specifc Browser does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Here is a Benchmark Test from Futuremark called Peacekeeper.

Now this scans your system, and then tests each browser accordingly. There are 5 specific tests done per browser. It is suggest to only run 1 Browser with no extra tabs.

This will test every browser that i know of. I have tested:

Firefox 3.1 Beta 3, Opera 9.64, Opera 10, Chrome 1, Chrome 2, IE8 RC1 and Safari 4 Beta on it and all of them were acknowledged as what they were. Just to show you some scores on a older P4 System with 3GB of RAM and a 4MB connection.

IE.jpg

Firefox.jpg

opera.jpg

Chrome2.jpg

Safari.jpg

I showed you my results from lowest to highest. This was just a Beta Browser test. IE8 RC1, Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 (Fasterfox was installed and running), Opera 10, Chrome 2, and Safari 4. I wont bother showing the tests from the others cause it doesnt matter. They were slwoer than these. :rolleyes:

But as you can see IE is the lowert. Shocker i know. But Firefox was not much faster. Only about 100 points. Opera was next getting just over 200 better than IE and over 100 better than Firefox. Chrome was next. Safari rocked it. Almost 700 points.

So that shows me that if i were to go by this i would use Safari if i wanted to use the fastest browser for my system followed by Chrome 2 and then my favorite.

This is by no mean a end all test. This is so you can get some kind of measurement for YOUR system. Not to come by and say "Your results are wrong cause Firefox ranked higher for me"

This is a system specific test. So for those that want to check it out i would for some fun.

I had benched my FF 1.3b3, but I forget the number. I have a whole gang of extensions, so I expected it to be slower. ;) I think I hit about what you did, though.

It would be interesting to have multiple benchmarking programs/sites to get a good composite instead of a single one. It would give a much better picture of the general overall capabilities of each browser. Some are better at one thing, while another is stronger in a different area. Thankfully they all do the same basic thing. :D

Yes i agree it would be nice to have more than this tool to run to test each browser accordingly. Since this tool can be wrong. This was just something I found today and figured it would be interesting for people to see what browser is the fastest by this tool on their system.

i'm guessing its testing multiple things for each browser.

it would be nice to show each separate mearsurement.

without knowing what it is measuring its hard to tell if its right or wrong.

makes me wanna try safari though

It tells you what it is testing during the test.

Array, Dom, Render, Community. There are 5 tests that are done. The first 2 are specifically Dom from what i seen. The FAQ has a whole ton of info on all of this.

I would have to agree. Since Safari 4 is really starting to look a lot like Chrome. With the tabs above the address bar and everything. Not to mention it has the ground work for Aero if you use it as well. Which was not in Safari 3. So i dont doubt that they took a lot of code from Chrome.

Sadly this test is to be done with 1 tab open. So that could very well be why it scores so high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom