Wacky Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade

Beta member
Computer's been acting a bit wacky lately.
Here are some symptoms:

1) I try to order at a website, I could not place multiple items in the cart. Each time I add one, the previous gets deleted.

2) I tried to log onto another site. Each time I get directed to my account page. When I go to another area, I am prompted for my user/pass. When I enter them I am directed to the account page again. This circle continues

3) I deleted my cookies, and Temp files, rebooted computer...Same result

4) I attempted system restore. Tried to go back 2 days when all worked.
Computer responds that restore filed. I cannot use system restore. I tried several diff dates.

5) I have a Maxtor external drive hooked up now. That shouldn't affect restore would it?

I only use it to back up music, photo files>

Any ideas, or what I should do/try?

I have Norton 2006, Spy sweeper, AdAware, and Spybot...
They located nothing.:mad: :mad: :mad:

First off make sure the software u mentioned is updated, if not do a scan again. What Browser are you using? I would suggest mozilla firefox if you're not already using it, its much better than internet explorer and if you have problems you just have to reinstall

Computer finicky

Cleared my cookies, temp internet files etc.

Ran NORTON, SPYSWEEPER, SPYBOT, ADAwARE

REBOOTED COMPUTER

Tried the website again..Entered my login/password...Logged in okay, but as I try to move thru the site, the message asks me to insert my pass/log AGAIN!!

This goes around and around...Very Odd.

I tried my upstairs computer, and got thru no problem!!

I am also still unable to use system restore...I cannot revert back to a day when the comp was working normally.

There are other issues remaining, such as VERRRY LAGGY at times, hanging when attempting to shut down.

Some websites load slower than others.

I am using IE 6.0

I hate to think of it, but could it be time for a THOUROUGH CLEANING......As in wiping the hard drive and starting over??

I AM NOT GOOD at that, and in the past, when my son's comp got F'ed up, it cost 100.00 to get it cleaned, and have the OP system and files restored/loaded....

Does anyone usually go this route, WIPING the HD, at any given time!!

Is it like a check up for the computer, or is it a last resort?

Can I use a program to do this (wipe HD) is there an easy way??

DO I NEED TO DO THIS??

Thank you all fir the help, and the forthcoming replies..

I look forward to using your expertise to solve my problem.

Have a great weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom