Vonage knocks out internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanLedet

In Runtime
My roommate needed a phone (other than a cell phone) and figured Vonage would be the best option. So she got it, it's installed and everything and it works fine...

We have a wireless network set up as well. Now, when a phone call comes in, it knocks out the wireless internet for a split second...I have to double click on the wireless network icon and then refresh the wireless networks available and then click "connect" all over again. Any ideas?

i think peter's right its dsl filter, try vonage customer service, vonage is great pricewise but i stop supporting it since they pay virus/spyware programmers to include them in their ads....

2.4GHz cordless phones have a tendency to leak onto multiple frequencies (2.4GHz can be anywhere from 2400MHz to 2499MHz, which is within the range of most wifi networks) which causes a loss of connection. In my house, when someone uses the phone, my wireless kicks the bucket, no matter what channel my router is set at. A simple fix would be to have your roommate get a non-2.4GHz cordless phone or use an 802.11a frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom