Very slow Browser, fast connection & computer

CyVist

Beta member
Webpages load very slowly - or don't load at all. This can be any website, like Google.com. Downloading through the browser doesn't work at all.

When I start my computer, I have fast working internet (uTorrent, browser, gaming, etc.). But after ten minutes problems occur:
  • Any page (using a lot: google.com, beatport.com) loads slowly (15-30sec) - or don't load at all. Some pages don't get any connection and when F5 it sometimes pops up (also after the 15-30 sec).
  • After the 15 seconds of loading time, the content appears ofter very quick.
  • Downloading via uTorrent is very fast, reaches 2 MBs download speed, at the same time the browser loads very slow or not at all (of course also tried with uTorrent closed).
  • Downloading via the browser works for the same first 10 minutes when I just start my computer, but after this the downloads completely freeze and from this never go further. If i pause them and then resume then again, the downloads stay at 0 B/s. This means I cannot download anything that takes more then 10 minutes of download time via the browser :Deskflip:.
  • During slow connection, starting any new (small) download, it will get stuck at 0.0 or 0.1 MB.

I use wireless internet, but the other laptops using the same connection don't have this problem.
I also use via Parallels Desktop Windows 7 x64, here the same problems occur after 10 minutes. I tested different browsers like: firefox, ie8, chrome on both Mac + Windows, without any plugins. I don't use any kind of virusscanner. I've cleaned all my temp internet data.

Someone was telling me about OpenDNS to solve this problem, But I have no clue how to fix this. There isn't any DNS option visible in my modem. Only saw something saying “DDNS”. But I don't know if this should solve the problem.

modem:
Sitecom Router 300N

speedtest.net:
Ping 18ms
Download speed 14.42Mbps
Upload speed 2.38 Mbps

mac specs:
Mac OS X Version 10.9.2
2,3 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Any help would be appreciated!

You say you don't use an kind of "Virusscanner"? Does that mean Anti-virus? If so, that's probably your problem, you have a browser hijacker. I'd recommend downloading and running an anti-virus. The program I use is Avast. You can download it here.

Watch Just what You Download,
Eliminate Unnecessary Programs,
Remove Duplicate Data
Clear Your Cache, Cookies and Computers Temporary Record
Do Disk Cleanup/Defragmentation

Just a few steps that can help your Computer System Run Better.

Back
Top Bottom