Very bad problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimobeer

Solid State Member
Hello there, I've lurked these forums for a while now for all the great information and now I have a problem i can't seem to fix..

OK so I left my house yesterday with the PC(running windows xp) on and went out for a few hours. I came back and tryed to play xbox live but it wouldn't connect( i have a router hooked up), so I checked on the PC and it says every thing is working fine... Although absolutely nothing will work(IE,FF,msn, games ect.) Did my ISP just shut me down straight up? Or is some thing else messed up..

Please if you have time, give me your opinion on the matter.

Tryed that lots, atm the modem is plugged directly into the PC. I unplugged every thing from the power bar and the power bar from the wall aswell. Still no luck though.

can you ping google from your computer? are you getting an ip address? are you using dsl or cable? can you test the line with a phone or a tv? have you eliminated the router and gone straight into the computer from the modem?

Captain Obvious here. And I hate to ask this....but did you pay the bill? If you paid the bill, either your modem or router is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom