utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranran

Baseband Member
an someone tell me how to speed up my downloads, i tried guides online but none of them work for me. i am downloading a 2.5 gig file and getting 15kb/s..

As far as I know you're at the mercy of the seeders and leachers of your file. I'm no torrent expert, though, and I'd be interested in any tweaks or tips myself.

try to ge into a private site with DEDICATED uploaders, where are you getting this file from? how many seeders/leechers? Are they sharing to you? Are your ports forwarded? Did you cap your up/down limit too much? is your isp bittorent friendly? are your hardware/software firewalls allowing utorrent? and lastly what version of utorrent do you have, beta?

also dont use anyhthing above utorrent 1.6 that includes 1.6.1, after version 1.6 MPAA bought bittorrent.com which was owned by utorrent and designed the CODE for utorrent so try to get 1.6 if you can unless you want your utorrent showing everyyone what your downloading/uploading

If you can download/upload, there´s no need to forward ports since those you need are obvisouly open. Port forwarding also depends on your router etc.

Well, since you are in Dallas, I doubt you have BellSouth DSL. Either BellSouth or my router (Linksys WRT54G) won't port forward. I'm pretty sure it's not my router, though.

Not that it matters to me. I can download my live Linux's fine now, so it's not worth the hassle.

actually if you do connect and you are not forwarding you wil notbe letting other peers/seeds connect to you slowing you and everyone else down

What type of router do you have?

You can try PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall for more help

I said if you can upload/download. To me it appears that things are going just fine, it´s just a little slow, in which case the second post in this thread says it all: You´re at the mercy of your peers. Hey, I might have read that wrong though and a port forward will solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom