Urrgg Blocks Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCMJ

Beta member
OMG! A couple months ago my friend got a great new computer... it was so awsumm... then it got this problem... it couldn't log onto anything from the internet out of his browser... so like if he got on Battlefeild 2, AIM, WarCraft 3, ect it wouldn't let him on... we brout it to this guy and he had no clue.... and just then a couple weeks l8r the same stuff that happened to huim happened to me... first off my Windows FireWall was completly messD up and I couldn't even run it... so I went to download.com and got Jetico Personal Firewall for free... it helped for awhile but now I can't do what my freind can't do.. I have AOL 8.0 so I can't run anything outside of that.... like Battlefeild 2, Diablo 2, Counter Strike 2D, or anything!!!! Its so gay and I have no clue what to do! I can't even make new acounts on websites... or loggon some... like yahoo I can't loggon.......... Anyone know whats up???:( :( :( :(

Uh wow, that like the most uninformative post ever.

What ISP.

What are computer specifications.

What OS is he running

What AV does he Have

Is windows been updated at all?

Onboard LAN or PCI NIC?

Does he have a router or Modem or what?

runnign Windows XP
and windows has been updated..... I have a modem... sry I dun really kno muh about hardwar so please bear with me...

If the Modem Directly connected to Computer, no other devices attached to it?

Onboard LAN is if the cable connecting you to modem connects by where the mouse and kyboard are plugged in, called the I/O panel. The RJ-45 connector or the "jack" is directly connected to mobo, a PCI NIC would be an expansion card that is lower on the back of Case.

What anti Virus and Spyware programs does he have?

ISP is internet service provider, IE- MSN, AOL, Comcast, Etc etc.

uhhh ok my ISP is AOL Dial Up.....

Umm the modem is in the back where mouse and keyboard and USBs are.. the phone line hooks in that and goes into wall...

like I said Windows Firewall is gone so I use Jetico Personal Firewall... and for anti-virus and anti-spyware I am using Windows Anit Virus BETA....

Uh windows doesn't have a anti virus program, your using the Antispyware Beta.

This may take awhile since you hav dial up but its the only way,
google AVG and Stinger download them. Run stinger First, then install AVG, AVG is your new free anti virus program.

AOL is the worst Dial up connection there is. So that probably half you problem. Im guessing the other half is Viruses and trojans since you have no AV. Also after you scan with stinger and AVG, google hijackthis, put it in its own folder, run it, then post log here.

Ya I have AVG but I'll get Stinger....... acually I have 2 trojans but thats not bad considering how many I had.. but I just don't understan how I can't get on anything online.... I mean I kno its no tonly because of AOL because I used to play online games and yahoo instant messenger all the time... but I'll check out stinger and run AVG again I guess... but I can't even connect to update AVG!!!!! omg.....

Some trojans can prevent you from connecting to the internet, Viruses and trojans in general can screw with your internet which is obviously a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom